Here you can find all of the latest news about the Business Location Eastern Germany, as well as information concerning important industries and the latest technologies.
- Oct 03, 201930 Years After The Wall: Eastern German Success Stories
GTAI (Berlin) - To mark the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Wall, GTAI has produced a short film showcasing success stories from Eastern Germany.
- Aug 26, 2019Ypsomed starts production in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern
GTAI (Berlin) - The Swiss medtech company Ypsomed will produce injection and infusion systems for self-medication in Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
- Aug 23, 2019Production comeback for Dornier 328 in Leipzig
GTAI (Berlin) - The Sierra Nevada Corporation will produce a passenger aircraft for short-haul flights at Leipzig/Halle Airport.
- Aug 07, 2019Turning Coal into Innovation
GTAI (Berlin) - The German federal government together with the states of Brandenburg, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and North Rhine Westphalia, which all have impacted regions, intends to turn coal-producing parts of Germany into regions of innovation. This requires structural change in which environmental and construction technologies will play a central role. In total, 40 billion euros in funding have been earmarked for the coal phase-out.
- Jul 23, 2019"Centers of Excellence" in Saxony-Anhalt
GTAI (Berlin) - In Saxony-Anhalt, 12 "Centers of Excellence" illustrate that the federal state provides a fertile ground for innovation.
- Jul 19, 2019"Living labs" for hydrogen in Eastern Germany
GTAI (Berlin) - The German federal government has annouced the "living lab" projects, which can now apply for special funding to test new technologies for the energy transition, especially in the field of (green) hydrogen.
- Jul 03, 2019New Institute of Low-Carbon Industrial Processes in Lusatia region
GTAI (Berlin) - The DLR's new Institute of Low-Carbon Industrial Processes will be set up at two locations in Cottbus and Zittau. The topic of CO2-reduction for industrial processes will add a new focal point to the research portfolio of the DLR.
- Jul 01, 20193.8 million euros for "Smart Systems Hub Dresden"
GTAI (Berlin) - The "Smart Systems Hub Dresden" will receive funding of 3.8 millions euros from the Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport. A competence and innovation center for industrial digitization shall be established in Dresden.
- Jun 27, 2019Joint research of German and Korean institutes in Dresden
GTAI (Berlin) - In Dresden, a German-Korean technology center (DKTZ) has been opened as a cooperation project of the Fraunhofer IKTS, the Institute of Lightweight Engineering and Polymer Technology at the TU Dresden, and the Korea Institute of Material Science (KIMS).
- May 10, 2019Farasis to built battery factory in Saxony-Anhalt
GTAI (Berlin) - Farasis Energy will build a battery cell, module and pack production facility in Bitterfeld-Wolfen (Saxony-Anhalt).